Sr. Biosafety Program Coordinator, Boston Children's Hospital, Boston MA
Posted August 11, 2017
The Sr. Biosafety Program Coordinator will be responsible for:
· Providing administrative, scientific knowledge and direction to the Boston Children’s Hospital Boston’s Institutional Biosafety Committee.
· Collaborating with Research Administration to develop the IT IBC platform.
· Performing the day to day operations of the IBC such as reviewing biosafety protocols, maintaining records and monitoring biosafety activity within the institution. This position will also provide general research compliance support and oversight of laboratory research.
· Supporting the strategic vision and direction for the Research Laboratory community, and ensuring consistent application and compliance of the Boston’s Children’s Hospital Policies and Standards throughout the research community.
· Consulting with investigators and staff to improve and assure compliance standards with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
· Developing, driving and sustaining a strong, global safety culture.
· Overseeing all biological activity within the institution in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
· Working with the research community to develop good laboratory practices and operational standards.
· Managing the Biosafety level 3 Core Laboratory.
To qualify, you must have:
· A Bachelor's degree in Science in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Occupational and Environmental Hygiene or a closely related field.
· Two to three years of post‑degree course work in Biosafety, Laboratory Safety or Occupational and Environmental Hygiene or other closely related fields, desirable.
· Five to seven years of experience analyzing and conducting risk assessments in biosafety and general safety issues demonstrating progressive responsibility with strong technical and operational knowledge.
· The understanding of the latest technical issues with molecular, microbiology, virology and mycology issues.
· Industrial Hygiene knowledge, desirable.
· Knowledge and training in good laboratory practices (GMP/GLP), desirable
We are currently seeking a part time temporary candidate to fill a Biosafety Program Support Role
The responsibilities are as follows:
• Reviews recombinant and synthetic nucleic acid molecules research for compliance withNIH Guidelines.
• Reviews microorganisms, toxins of biological origin, human and non-human primate cells, tissues and other potentially infectious materials research for biohazard potential.
• Reviews assessment of the containment levels required for the proposed research.
• Reviews assessments of the facilities, procedures, practices, and training and expertise of personnel involved in research.
• Writes and maintains IBC Meeting Minutes
• Conducts Biosafety and General Lab Safety Training
• Provides general support as needed
Please email resumes and inquiries to: [email protected]
Biosafety Specialist: "Biosafety Inspector", Tufts University
posted June 8, 2017
Tufts University has an opening for a Biosafety Inspector, to provide technical support to the Tufts University Biosafety Office as it relates to laboratory biosafety audits.
Assistant Biosafety Officer / EHS Specialist III, UMass Medical School. Worcester MA
The University of Massachusetts Medical School is searching for an Assistant Biosafety Officer/EH&S Specialist III. Click here to download more info.
CONSULTING SAFETY OFFICER (CSO), Safety Partners Inc.
· Hands-on development and implementation of client EHS programs, including:
o Chemical Safety
o Radiation Safety
o Hazard Communication
o Emergency Preparedness
o Additional OSHA specific safety programs as needed
· Establish and maintain EHS permits and licenses in compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
· Conduct Job Safety Analyses for hazardous materials processes.
· Conduct Risk Assessments to analyze and evaluate the proper handling of biological materials.
· Work with client staff to bring about a high level match of EHS culture and worker safety activities to written policies, procedures, instructions and manuals.
· Coordinate and facilitate safety committees.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Strong professional communication and written skills.
• Able to positively interact internally among the client staff and externally with regulatory agencies.
• Must be highly organized and possess strong prioritization skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to drive into Cambridge/Boston, MA, up to 5 days per week.
• Productivity and resiliency in a dynamic, fast paced consulting environment.
• High level of professional judgment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience with public speaking.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
· Service oriented with personable positive attitude.
· Ability to successfully negotiate and promote safety programs and services.
· Strong initiative to dig into resources efficiently and effectively.
Website to apply: http://www.safetypartnersinc.com/careers/